Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Awards and Inspiration

Today the lab was involved in 2 different activites...GLAMS and Sigma Xi.  I took two of my students, Demi and Katie to El Dorado, Arkansas to participate in Girls Learning About Math and Science (GLAMS) an event for 8th grade girls to learn about different types of science.  We worked with them to make DNA bracelets, teaching them about DNA sequences and complimenatry base pairing.  We met just over 20 students and had a great time.
Katie, Demi, and me teaching girls about science
 While we were in Arkansas, Nehal was back on campus being recognized by the Louisiana Tech chapter of Sigma Xi for being an outstanding graduate student at the University.  This was a much deserved recgonition for Nehal and I'm sorry I missed it.
Nehal receiving his award from Dr. Terri Maness, Sigma Xi President
Today's Sigma Xi Outstanding students.  Congratulations to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment